Subject: Re: [vserver] Testing vserver
From: Lars Brandi Jensen <lbj@abj.dk>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 10:36:33 +0100

>> Trying to connect to mysql database from www guest to mysql guest
>> tells that connection through local socket mysql.sock isent possible.
>> Pinging mysql guest from www guest is ok.
>

> If I can take a guess - it sounds like your trying to connect to mysql
> from www through a local socket - as they are different guests this
> isn't possible (as the error message suggests). I would try and
> connect to mysql through a tcp socket and see if you have any luck
> with that .
Okay, changed bind-address to ip of guest mysql and not 127.0.0.1 in
my.cnf. Guest www can now reach mysql. Still not able to see any
processes running in the guests :

mysql / # ps axf
   PID TTY      STAT   TIME COMMAND
    14158 ?        S+     0:00 login
    14185 pts/2    Ss     0:00  \_ /bin/bash -login
    14189 pts/2    R+     0:00      \_ ps axf

Or

dl585 bin # vserver mysql exec ps axf
   PID TTY      STAT   TIME COMMAND
   14215 ?        R+     0:00 ps axf