Subject: Re: [vserver] Some issue related to Bind9
From: Gustavo <lungpu@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 08:48:30 -0200
Sun, 11 Jan 2009 08:48:30 -0200
On Sun, Jan 11, 2009 at 8:10 AM, Bruno <bonbons67@internet.lu> wrote:

> On Sat, 10 January 2009 Gustavo wrote:
> > I'm using debian etch (stable) with the packages up to date. Kernel is
> > 2.6.18 (2.6.18-6-vserver-k7 exactly). libcap1 is installed on both
> > vserver host and guest machine I'm trying to configure bind9 to (and
> > where I built up deb packages for bind9 without capabilities). libcap
> > version is 1.10, there's not another available on etch (libcap2 is
> > only for testing and unstable branches yet).
> >
> > The only thing I find from what you said is libcap is older than
> > needed but have no easy ways to correct that. It's strange libcap1 is
> > responsible for this to doesn't work.
>
> With a kernel that old the libcap-1 is fine (libcap-2 is especially for
> kernels starting from 2.6.24, when file-based capabilities were
> introduced)
>
> Did you try running bind as root in your guest (e.g. so it does not try
> do chuid() or chgid()? That way it might not attempt to touch the
> capabilities...

Yes, I tried, But it's now solved. The problem was with the compilation:
options about capabilities were ignored. I find out where the problem was
and now have bind9 working. Thanks.

> Bruno
>

> PS: please use reply-to-all on mailing lists

Reply to all will send you a copy another of the mailling list one, so I
think that's not what you want. It's supposed to the list to do the
translation but I'll send it directly to the list instead.

Thanks again for you help!