Subject: Re: [vserver] Some issue related to Bind9
From: Bruno <bonbons67@internet.lu>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 19:49:35 +0100

On Sat, 10 January 2009 Gustavo <lungpu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi! I'm trying to set up a Bind9 vserver and I encounter the problem
> described in FAQ and although I recompile de Debian package (using
> etch actually) with --disable-linux-caps and latter with
> --disable-threads too but it still complains about linux-caps:
>
> ---
> Starting domain name service...: bindnamed: capset failed: Operation
> not permitted
> named: capset failed: Operation not permitted
> ---
>
> How can I workaround this?
Unfortunately you tell us nothing about your system...

There are multiple possible causes for this...

One that I think of:
  bind built against old libcap (1.*) + file-capabilities
  (or maybe still including internal stubs of it even though
  you did disable them at compile time)
  This applies to kernels >= 2.6.24
  This also applies to processes run from the host and not from
  any vserver guest!

Bruno