Subject: Adding IPs to a vhost interface on demand
From: Ed W <lists@wildgooses.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 23:58:40 +0000

Hi, interested in putting openvpn in a vhost.  Previously I had a
bridged setup with the openvpn server dynamically picking up IP
addresses from the DHCP server and allocating those to the clients.

Just for kicks I am interested to see if I can achieve something similar
in a vserver.  Any thoughts on the best way to proceed?  Is it possible
to give a guest permission to add IP address aliases dynamically?  The
other option (for this small setup) is presumably to allocate X IPs to
the guest in advance and just limit it to handing out these. (and routed
is yet another option, but for the moment I am trying to make a bridged
setup work)

Any tips on a bridged openvpn vserver?

Thanks

Ed W