Subject: Re: [vserver] mounting partitions
From: Gilles Sadowski <gilles@harfang.homelinux.org>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 00:28:28 +0100

Hi.

> I've one guest server (gserver1), and the root server.
>
> On the root server, there is a partition /backup (/dev/hda2) of 59 Gb. I
> would like to mount /backup in the guest server gserver1, so, I do :
>
> vnamespace --enter gserver1 -- mount -t ext3 /dev/hda2
> /etc/vservers/gserver1/vdir/backup

That looks strange...

If you want to access that partition within the vserver, you should probably
add a line like this

 /dev/hda2  /backup   ext3    defaults   0     0

to the "/etc/vserver/gserver1/fstab" config file (on the host).
When you start the vserver, the mount will be taken care of automatically.

Best,
Gilles