Subject: Re: [vserver] call method of host in guest os
From: "Michael S. Zick" <mszick@morethan.org>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 17:49:17 -0600

On Sat December 13 2008, LynnOS wrote:
> Yes,you see my request
>
> But why is that impossible?

By design - that is one of the purposes of Linux-VServer -
to protect the host from any actions of a guest.

It is not impossible - you just have to provide for it -
the communication is easiest over the network -
do what is done to allow "guest resident" users change their
configuration - usually via a web interface and a daemon in
the host context to make the changes by proxy.

But anything that can communicate over the network between
the host and guest contexts can be made to do the job.

Mike