Subject: Re: [vserver] getty in a vserver
From: Sylvain Le Gall <sylvain@le-gall.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 22:48:40 +0200

On Thu, Aug 30, 2007 at 07:04:16PM +0200, Bruno wrote:
> Hello Sylvain,
>
> For me it works fine to start getty in my vserver guests.
>
> What I did:
> - copy the tty file(s) as you
>     lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root    4 2007-01-01 00:00 console -> tty1
>     crw-rw-rw- 1 root tty  5, 0 2007-01-01 00:00 tty
>     crw------- 1 root root 4, 7 2007-01-01 00:00 tty1
>   You may note I called it tty1 inside of my guest, but due to
>   the minor of the char device it's tty 7 for the kernel (tty 6 would
>   have minor 6)
> - configured my guest tu use plain init style
>   (this is required to have an init process inside the guest that
>   can start and respawn gettys)

I think i was missing the console link ;-)

I have allocated 2 vc to my guests.

FYI, i don't have switch to "plain" init style but i have used a

recommandation of bertl (mixed with tty inside the guest)

In the host inittab i have added

5:23:respawn:/usr/sbin/vserver zepto exec /sbin/mingetty tty5

6:23:respawn:/usr/sbin/vserver yocto exec /sbin/mingetty tty6

This seems to work fine.

Thanks a lot,

Sylvain Le Gall