Subject: Re: [vserver] Failed to start vserver
From: Corey Wright <undefined@pobox.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 00:23:49 -0600

On Thu, 4 Dec 2008 21:37:50 -0700
"David Vanfleet" <vanfleet@cedarview.net> wrote:

>     [root@server3 ~]# vserver vps1 start
>     /etc/init.d/rc: line 74: /etc/default/rcS: No such file or directory
>     error: '/etc/init.d/rc' exited outside the expected code flow.

> I have not been able to resolve this problem, I was able to add the
> missing rcS file but I still get the exact same error below. Any help
> here would be greatly appreciated.

if you added /etc/default/rcS to your *guest*, then that error message
(i.e. "/etc/init.d/rc: line 74: /etc/default/rcS: No such file or
directory") should not have been seen.  /etc/init.d/rc, on line 74
parses /etc/default/rcS, and will emit that error message if the file does
not exist, but if you added the file, then it should be there.  otherwise
something greater is amiss.  (filesystem namespace mismatch?  but that
shouldn't be the case as the guest is not yet running as you are trying to
start it.)

so my only thought: are you sure you added /etc/default/rcS to the guest?
(not that i don't believe you, but that's what the error message is hinting
at.)

corey
--
undefined@pobox.com