Subject: Failed to start vserver
From: "David Vanfleet" <vanfleet@cedarview.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 22:35:49 -0700
Wed, 3 Dec 2008 22:35:49 -0700

I'm running vserver on Centos 5.2 and I created a debian guest. When I try to start
that guest I get the following error message. It is true that the /etc/default/rcS file
does not exist. Any ideas on what I might have done wrong?

  [root@server3 ~]# vserver vps1 start
  /etc/init.d/rc: line 74: /etc/default/rcS: No such file or directory
  error: '/etc/init.d/rc' exited outside the expected code flow.

  An error occured while executing the vserver startup sequence; when
  there are no other messages, it is very likely that the init-script
  (/etc/init.d/rc 3) failed.

  Common causes are:
  * /etc/rc.d/rc on Fedora Core 1 and RH9 fails always; the 'apt-rpm' build
    method knows how to deal with this, but on existing installations,
    appending 'true' to this file will help.

  Failed to start vserver 'vps1'

Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks,
David Vanfleet