Subject: Re: [vserver] VServer on Red Hat Host with RH Kernel
From: "Michael S. Zick" <mszick@morethan.org>
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 09:58:33 -0600

On Wed December 3 2008, Edward Capriolo wrote:
> Sorry, I misunderstood your problem. That is an issue with a lot of
> software, redhat patches atop/below patches. Regardless of what you do
> vserver is a new kernel. So you can role your own vserver kernel as
> long as its number is 2.6.18?

That might not work (just changing the number in the makefile) - -
I do not know RH - but other commercial support distributions use
the feature to include the source checksum in the modinfo fields.

Intended to keep developers from shooting themselves in the foot -
but adopted by some distributions as a way to see if you have broken
your warranty by changing the warrantied source code.

Mike