Subject: Re: [vserver] Vserver 2.2 patch for 2.6.25.x or newer?
From: "Michael S. Zick" <mszick@morethan.org>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 19:19:44 -0500

On Sun October 26 2008, Robert Davidson wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We've got a problem with one of our servers thats running a custom build
> of kernel 2.6.22.19-vs2.2.0.7
>

> I'd like to know if anyone has a patch available for 2.6.25.x or later,

http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Experimental/
scroll down the page, newest stuff at the bottom.

> as there have been at least 3 deadlocks found in the ext3 code since
> 2.6.22.19 and we are having problems with moderately loaded ext3
> filesystems (even newly formatted ones after a month or so).

There are some changes to ext3 dentry code added to 2.6.28-rc1 -
And there is a coding error recently found in inotify_user.c that
hasn't made it into mainstream yet.

> So I'd like to try a newer kernel, but I'm stuck because we need the
> linux-vserver patch.  Either that or I have to move everything to xfs.

Someone else will have to answer about the status of XFS

Mike