Subject: Re: [vserver] Hashify and exclude
From: "Daniel Hokka Zakrisson" <daniel@hozac.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 21:47:02 +0200 (CEST)

Jim Wight wrote:
> Is exclude intended only for use with pkgmgmt-ignore, or can it be used
> to tweak the list that pgkmgmt-force generates? I ask because I can't
> make sense of the output that 'hashify -nv' returns when I try the
> latter.

It can be used to tweak the package management results.

> For example, after (default) unification, 'hashify -nv' returns 4012
> lines of output. If I create exclude containing
> '+/var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject' - I want to test by adding a single file
> previously skipped because /var was skipped - the command then returns
> 5671 lines of output. Now it seems to want to unify the whole of /var.
>
> If I add -/var to the beginning of exclude, it skips /var again, but
> there are 4341 lines of output this time. I haven't studied the
> differences in detail, but /var/qmail doesn't occur anywhere in the
> output. I've also tried with -/var last, but that makes no difference
> over the previous version. If I try with -/var/ that gives the same
> output as when I had '+/var/qmail/bin/qmail-inject' on its own.

Diffs, please. Also, remember that a specific exclude list will
override the default in /usr/lib*/util-vserver/defaults/vunify-exclude,
so if you want identical results with just that one file changed, you
should base your file on that.

--
Daniel Hokka Zakrisson