Subject: Re: [vserver] NFS and tagging problem
From: Kamila Cerna <punkie@fereng.cz>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2008 11:23:25 +0200

Adeline Gilles napsal(a):
> Kamila Cerna a écrit :
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a problem with tagging on filesystem mounted through nfs (on
>> Debian).
>> I am using kernel+patch 2.6.22.19-vs2.3.0.34 on both servers (nfs
>> server + nfs client).
>> I have enabled option CONFIG_TAG_NFSD in kernel on both servers.
>>
>> The configuration -
>> on nfs server (/etc/exports):
>> /var/lib/vservers   192.168.192.1(rw,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)
>>
>> on nfs client (/etc/fstab):
>> 192.168.192.254:/var/lib/vservers  /var/lib/vservers    nfs
>> rw,tag            0    0
>>
>> When I try to mount it, I get:
>>
>> host01:~# mount /var/lib/vservers/
>> Unsupported nfs mount option: tag
>>
>> Without "tag" option, I can normally mount it.
>>
>> Is this some known problem or have I something wrong, please?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Kamila
>>

> Hi,
>
> I see no "tag" option in nfs man page.
> You can read it here:
>
> http://www.linuxmanpages.com/man5/nfs.5.php

Hello,

I know there is no "tag" option in nfs man page.
That's why I have enabled option in kernel: CONFIG_TAG_NFSD

CONFIG_TAG_NFSD:
 Enable this if you do want the in-kernel NFS  Server to use the tagging
specified above.
 (will require patched clients too)

Maybe I don't understand well to "will require patched clients too".
Do I need to compile "nfs client" with some patch or I need only to have
patched kernel with this option on "nfs client server"
If I need to compile "nfs client" with some patch, where can I get this
patch, please?

> What do you intend to do with this option?
Option "tag" is for disk limits:
http://linux-vserver.org/Disk_Limits_and_Quota

Thanks,

Kamila