Subject: Re: [vserver] VServer related project
From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 13:09:23 +0200

On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 12:08:23PM -0400, Edward Capriolo wrote:
> Adrian -- The site is a work in progress. The counter intuitive thing
> I am doing is trying to avoid a wiki. We will see how it works out.
> There are some things on the site that may be useful to people. (The
> work I did patching Gluster & Fuse for example) I will cut down the
> dead links over the next few days to reduce confusion.

feel free to use pages on the linux-vserver wiki for
Linux-VServer related stuff :)

> Ed W -- I will look into GIT. The largest problem I have faced is not
> source code management, it has been testing. Most of this is due to
> the application itself.

IMHO do not bother too much with revision management
unless you think it is really beneficial for you
or your project :)

> The most of the code can only be tested on a system that has Linux
> VServer. For example, a process needs to create a Volume Group, format
> it, add an IP to a system by adding a file to /etc/sysconfig, install
> a VServer on it and update a meta information store. I am very
> dependent on components outside the IDE. Most times I have to deploy
> before testing.

maybe kvm or qemu is a good choice to get reliable
and more important recreateable testing up and running
without too much efford .. if you need tips there, feel
free to bother me :)