Subject: Re: [vserver] xfs and vserver 2.3.0.35.6pre
From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 12:57:39 +0200

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 12:47:38PM +0530, kristian wrote:
> hello,
>
> I did apply (after ONE minor fix) vserver 2.3.0.35.6pre to the kernel
> 2.6.27-rc9 without failures. than I realized that xfs is not
> compiling. after removing the xfs support from the kernel
> configuration everything went smooth and works OK so far.
>
> since I work on a project where we want to use vserver on a kernel
> 2.6.27 in the near future (rather sooner than later), I have two
> questions:
>
> * are there already people using the 2.3.0.35 patch on a production system ?

yes, definitely

> * are we the only ones using xfs ? if not, is there a patchset which
> compiles - I am happy to test it.

no, I think there is/was at least one other person
using xfs :) no seriously, xfs is kind of moving target
at the moment, i.e. they change the inner workings
(regarding attributes) on every kernel release, so it
gets constantly broken ...

> maybe I can help somehow (fixing xfs patch is unfortunatley beyond my
> capabilities) ?

I'll take a shot on fixing up the breakage on the weekend
(or maybe earlier) so there will be some patches to test
with soon .. and testing, maybe with feedback on the IRC
channel is the kind of help we will need :)