Subject: vservers via NFS
From: Mike O'Connor <vserver@pineview.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 12:36:32 +1030

Hi Guys

I've had guest's via NFS working in the last but only ever for testing.

I'm sure its something simple but I can not work out how to make the
vserver guests start. :)

apps9:/etc# vserver web5 start
secure-mount: lockf(): No record locks available
Failed to update mtab-file
secure-mount: lockf(): No record locks available
Failed to update mtab-file
ncontext: vc_net_migrate(): No such process

An error occured while executing the vserver startup sequence; when
there are no other messages, it is very likely that the init-script
(/etc/rc.d/rc 3) failed.

Common causes are:
* /etc/rc.d/rc on Fedora Core 1 and RH9 fails always; the 'apt-rpm' build
  method knows how to deal with this, but on existing installations,
  appending 'true' to this file will help.
Failed to start vserver 'web5'
apps9:/etc#

nas1:~# cat /etc/exports
# /srv/nfs4/homes  gss/krb5i(rw,sync)
/vservers       *(sync,rw,no_root_squash,no_all_squash,subtree_check)
nas1:~#

apps9:/vservers# cat /etc/fstab
172.17.1.181:/vservers/ /var/lib/vservers/      nfs defaults,async,intr 0 0
/var/lib/vservers       /vservers       none    defaults,bind   0       0
apps9:/vservers#

Cheers
Mike