Subject: Re: [vserver] chroot barrier problem when consolidating var and etc
From: randall <randall@songshu.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 18:12:25 +0200

Martin Fick wrote:
> --- On Tue, 9/30/08, randall <randall@songshu.org> wrote:
>

>> but its not like it ever worked, its a fresh install of
>> debian lenny with the debian vserver-kernel and utils
>> from the repo,
>>

> OK, perhaps I have not been following your problem,
> what specifically never worked?  It sounded like you
> were asking if something had changed to make things
> start failing?

apologies for the confusion, but i assumed it to at least have worked in
debian Etch since that was described as a working solution and i am
using Lenny at the moment. should still try on Etch to see if i can
duplicate the error i might be making here........ or if its a new thing.

>> i tried the barrier approach as described from the
>> start but no luck, i will test to see if it works
>> with etch when i get my hands on a box.
>>

> Could you describe your layout exactly?  If it
> ever worked (and how was it laid out then),
> and what the exact layout changes were that
> caused it to fail.
>
> Sorry, if you already mentioned all this stuff
> and I missed it, sometimes with email chopping and
> my sloppy reading, I miss these things,
>
> -Martin

the layout is 1 drbd block device with lvm partitions on top.
i have tried  different variations but at least i can confirm that below
(just tried it) gives  the rlimits error.

lvcreate -L5000 -n web2 drbdvg1
mkfs.ext3 /dev/drbdvg1/web2
mkdir  -p /VSERVERS/web2/etc
mkdir -p /VSERVERS/web2/barrier/var
newvserver --vsroot /VSERVERS/web2/barrier/var --hostname web2 --domain
unitedmembers.com --ip 212.123.250.128/24 --dist etch --mirror
http://212.123.250.81:3142/debian.apt-get.eu/debian --interface eth0
mv /etc/vservers/web2 /VSERVERS/web2/etc/
ln -s /VSERVERS/web2/etc/web2 /etc/vservers/