Subject: Re: [vserver] support for alpine linux guests
From: Natanael Copa <natanael.copa@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 19:44:59 +0200
Wed, 29 Aug 2007 19:44:59 +0200
On Wed, 2007-08-29 at 17:43 +0200, Daniel Hokka Zakrisson wrote:
> Natanael Copa wrote:
> > Thanks for you feedback. Really appreciated!

> >> Why is sysv the only supported initstyle? Why wouldn't plain work?
> >
> > layziness. It worked but init scripts needs some modifications and it
> > looked pretty easy to make sysv working.
> >
> > I will look into fixing that.

fixed.

> >> Just using chroot to run things isn't okay, start the guest and execute
> >> whatever commands are needed inside.
> >
> > just curious. why?  (where is the documentation covering this that i
> > missed?)
>
> Breaking out of a chroot is very easy, see chroot(2).

The things needed to be run were only to easily create various
symblinks. The alternative in this case were to create them outside the
chroot. Anyway... I solved it with:

$_VSERVER "$vserver" start --rescue --rescue-init /bin/busybox sh -c '
        /bin/busybox --install -s
        /sbin/rc_add -s 20 -k syslog
'

New scripts attatched. It took me some time to figure out how to deal
with busybox init/reboot (it kills pid 1, hardcoded) but initstyle plain
should work now.

Let me know if there are more things that could be improved.

Thanks you very much for comments and help so far!

Natanael Copa

["application/x-shellscript" not shown]
["application/x-shellscript" not shown]