Subject: Re: [vserver] shutdown zombie after incomplete stop of guest
From: Oliver Welter <mail@oliwel.de>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 20:55:49 +0200

Herbert Poetzl wrote:

>> interesting ... it would sound even better, if
>> aufs was able to provide consistant device:inode
>> numbers for identical files, because with more
>> than two guests, the 'disk space saving' part is
>> gnone and the 'cache/memory wasting' part takes
>> over, compared to unification

I will forward this to the aufs dev folks....

>> but it is very nice to see that the developers
>> are actually interested in making it work on
>> Linux-VServer!

> Any ideas on this?
>
>> check what's taking too long on shutdown, also
>> have a chat with one of the gentoo maintainers,
>> maybe they know what's going wrong ...

The only thing running is an apache server and I guess that there are
simply open network sockets which do not get closed in time - I fully
understand why it gets killed but I wonder that the shutdown process its
not terminated....

Oliver
--
Protect your environment -  close windows and adopt a penguin!
PGP-Key: 3B2C 8095 A7DF 8BB5 2CFF  8168 CAB7 B0DD 3985 1721