Subject: Re: [vserver] newest experimental release
From: diego torres <dtorres@coral.dnsalias.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 22:58:37 +0200

Daniel Hokka Zakrisson escribió:

> It's always best to use whatever is newest, which happens to be 2.3.0.35.5 right now.

ok.

>>   I can just drop a kernel patched with vs2.3.0.35 in a production
>> machine that has 2.6.22.15-vs2.2.0.5? (after updating the userspace
>> tools, of course)
>
> The CPU scheduler is missing, and the initpid virtualization is known-broken.

what does mean "the cpu scheduler is missing" ? will the guests work
without it?

and what is initpid virtualization... ??? self-answered in
http://kerneltrap.org/node/6641

the key is... will a vserver linux kernel with guests work with this
latest version?

> Depending on
> the filesystem you use, you may also need to do a backup of your Linux-VServer flags
and
> restore those once you've booted the new kernel...

reiserfs, but backuping/restoring that shouldn't be a problem.

>> Is there any document that has some info about exp. releases? (couldn't
>> find any in the wiki).
>
> Even if there was, it would be made obsolete every other week or so... It's such a
moving
> target, IRC is probably your best bet.

Didn't want to ask the same questions :)