Subject: Re: [vserver] newest experimental release
From: "Daniel Hokka Zakrisson" <daniel@hozac.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 00:14:00 +0200 (CEST)

diego torres wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> After reading other posts where Herbert recomends patching the 2.6.26.3
> kernel with the following:
>
> patch-2.6.26.3-vs2.3.0.35.diff
> delta-cowbl-fix02.diff

It's always best to use whatever is newest, which happens to be 2.3.0.35.5 right now.

> and because they are marked as experimental... what can I expect about
> them? Are they exp. because some very important features are missing, or
>   I can just drop a kernel patched with vs2.3.0.35 in a production
> machine that has 2.6.22.15-vs2.2.0.5? (after updating the userspace
> tools, of course)

The CPU scheduler is missing, and the initpid virtualization is known-broken. Depending
on
the filesystem you use, you may also need to do a backup of your Linux-VServer flags
and
restore those once you've booted the new kernel...

> Is there any document that has some info about exp. releases? (couldn't
> find any in the wiki).

Even if there was, it would be made obsolete every other week or so... It's such a moving
target, IRC is probably your best bet.

--
Daniel Hokka Zakrisson