Subject: Re: [vserver] incompatible new vserver guest layout
From: Peter Mann <Peter.Mann@tuke.sk>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 13:05:56 +0200

On Mon, Sep 08, 2008 at 12:01:03PM +0200, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> v74:/# tail -f /var/log/mail.log
> Sep  8 09:49:42 v74 postfix/cleanup[4225]: fatal: trace: remove 399B344000D8 log:
Permission denied

> It looks as if the ownerships and flags on postfix
> are messed up. Uninstalling and reinstalling postfix
> doesn't help.
>
> Has anyone an idea how that could happen? I packed up the old
> (sarge) vserver guest using tar zcvf. I built a new server using

i had similar problem with rsync copy to other machines ...
now i'm using rsync with --numeric-ids
(don’t map uid/gid values by user/group name)

maybe you must use tar with --numeric-owner
(always use numbers for user/group names)

this depends on host system - if you have identical uid for postfix
on both host and guest, there is no problem, but postfix uid is
generated by installing postfix package

5o   Peter.Mann at tuke.sk