Subject: Re: [vserver] sharing /vserver
From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 09:28:48 +0200

On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 07:58:45AM +0200, ADNET Ghislain wrote:
> hi,
>
> I want to share my /vserver between a bunch of host to be able to
> run a vserver from any host (not launch one on several host at the
> same time ).

> the goal is to use unification on all the vservers also.

if you want to use unification, you are limited
to filesystems which support the necessary flags
(and tags if you want disk limits too)

which pretty much limits it to:

 - Linux-VServer enabled NFS
 - OCFS2 (probably needs some testing)

> I have a SAN setup so how do you handle this to have the best
> performances ?

> Use a simple NFS server,

I doubt that the SAN is Linux-VServer aware, so
you won't be able to use unification on that, but
otherwise it should work fine

> a ocfs2 partition shared on all
> the nodes,

that probably works, but wasn't tested for some
time now .. but I think that's your best bet

> a glusterfs one ?

I doubt that glusterfs is Linux-VServer aware :)