Subject: Re: [vserver] SNMP stats for vservers?
From: Patrick Nagel <patrick.nagel@star-group.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 02:26:48 +0800
Mon, 01 Sep 2008 02:26:48 +0800
Hi

On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 10:14:32 +0100, Ed W <lists@wildgooses.com> wrote:
> I have experimented using Cacti to do some stats for my machine and it's
> vservers.  End result was lots of identical results showing same net
> traffic, CPU load, etc.   (Somewhat obvious in retrospect)
>
> Does anyone have a recipe for plotting stats for individual vservers
> (mainly cpu usage, net usage, disk load and process count)?

I'm using pmacctd on the host now, to record network stats. Cacti regularly
calls pmacct (the client) to get the relevant data for each graph (some of
which show the complete VServer's traffic, others only the traffic on a
specific TCP port of the VServer).

I followed the pmacct/Cacti guide at [1]. It was a lot of clicking around
in Cacti in the end, but since I only have four VServers with a couple of
services I want to have a net usage graph of, it was ok. If I needed more
graphs, I would have automated this in some way.

If you need more information or config details, feel free to ask me.

Patrick.

[1]: http://www.pmacct.net/docs/cacti.html

--
STAR Software (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.              http://www.star-group.net/
Phone:    +86 (21) 3462 7688 x 826               Fax:   +86 (21) 3462 7779

PGP key:  E883A005 https://stshacom1.star-china.net/keys/patrick_nagel.asc
Fingerprint:             E09A D65E 855F B334 E5C3 5386 EF23 20FC E883 A005

["image/png" not shown]