Subject: Re: [vserver] How to run all guests concurrently
From: Stephen Liu <satimis@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2008 19:43:43 +0800 (CST)

Hi Oliver,

> > # vserver vserver2 start
> > vcontext: vc_create_context(): File exists
>
> This looks like you did not give a context ID to the guest when
> creating
> it (or copied over the original??)

There are 2 guests created on this VM.

I ran;

vserver vserver1 build -m debootstrap --context 42 --hostname
vserver1.satimis.com --interface eth0:192.168.1.xxx -- -d lenny -m
http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian

I'm considering whether it is possible running following commands to
create a new guest by duplication;

# mkdir /etc/vservers/vserver2
# cp -R -p /etc/vservers/vserver1 /etc/vservers/verserver2

Then change the config afterwards.

Whether there is a better way to do the job?  The vesion of
utis-vserver on my VM does not support "clone" command.

Any advice?  TIA

> Look at /etc/vservers/<servername>/context, there should be a number
> in
> it (the context id) and it MUST be different for each guest.

I'll change 42 on the context of vserver2 to 43.  Does the number has
any particular function/meaning?  If I need all guests are up whenever
the PC is turned on.  What number shall I assign to all guests on the
context  TIA

B.R.
Stephen L