Subject: Re: [vserver] About running X server on guest
From: Stephen Liu <satimis@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 23:52:31 +0800 (CST)

--- Nicolas Cadou <ncadou@cobi.net> wrote:

> Le August 29, 2008, Stephen Liu a écrit :
> >  I have full X installation on Host running Gnome desktop.  Just
> >  finished installing xserver-xorg-core, xorg, fluxbod, gdm and
> firefox
> >  on the Guest.  Installation went throught without problem.  After
> >  reboot the Guest, running "vserver vserser1 restart", startx
> failed.
> >

> >  # startx
> >  xauth:  error in locking authority file /home/satimis/.Xauthority
> >  xauth:  error in locking authority file /home/satimis/.Xauthority
> >  xauth:  error in locking authority file /home/satimis/.Xauthority
> >  xauth:  error in locking authority file /home/satimis/.Xauthority
>
> Are you running startx on the host on in the guest?

In the guest with following steps;

[Host]# vserver vserver1 start
[Host]# vserver vserver1 enter
[Guest]# startx

> You could find
> out what is
> locking .Xauthority using lsof or fuser.

On the Host or on the Guest?  It is an empty file on the Guest, running
nano to read it.  On the Host there are codes on .Xauthority, difficult
to read.  I doubt whether .Xauthority of Host can affect the command
'startx' running on Guest.

> >  The /dev/tty0 seems non existing.  Can vserver emulates hardware?
> Is
> >  there any solution?  TIA
>
> Linux-VServer does not emulate any hardware, it just restricts what a
>
> particular guest may use.

Noted with thanks

B.R.
Stephen