Subject: Re: [vserver] Unification Questions
From: Ed W <lists@wildgooses.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 22:41:34 +0100

What would be needed to make this work ok on Gentoo?  I posted a
question about how this works some weeks back

There seems to be some need in the scripts to know what packaging system
is in use, but I can't see how that info is used?  Someone posted some
basic patches to at least allow the scripts to run (could those be
incorporated?)

In gentoo there are some hard links used as part of the normal operation
(not critical though), so it would make sense to exclude those.
However, while cruising the source code for the vunification utility it
would seem to be possible to exclude local hardlinks as a normal matter
of course? (it appears to compute whether something is a local hardlink
when it builds it's file hash?)  Any reason not to implement this?

Cheers

Ed W