Subject: Re: [vserver] Guest - problem on networking and exit
From: Nicolas Cadou <ncadou@cobi.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 10:45:34 -0400
Thu, 28 Aug 2008 10:45:34 -0400
Le August 28, 2008, Stephen Liu a écrit :
> > the guest isn't cleaned up properly, you want to
> >
>  > remove any hardware related runlevel scripts,
>  > including network and filesystem stuff
>
>  Could you please explain in more detail how to do that?  TIA

Run this (on the host):

for s in \
  klogd hwclock.sh setserial urandom networking umountfs halt reboot \
  mountvirtfs mountall.sh mountnfs.sh ifupdown; \
do \
    LC ALL=C LANG=C vserver <guest> exec update-rc.d -f $s remove
done

>  > vapt-get is part of util-vserver (it's a wrapper)
>  > if you are missing that one, please complain to
>  > your debian maintainer ...
>
>  I'll create a new Debian guest from another mirror to see what will
>  happen.

util-vserver is a package to be installed and used on the host, not in the
guests.

--

Nicolas Cadou

Cobi Informatique Inc.