Subject: Re: [vserver] Guest - problem on networking and exit
From: Stephen Liu <satimis@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 22:19:30 +0800 (CST)

--- Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at> wrote:

> > # vserver vserver1 exec update-rc.d -f $s remove
> > perl: warning: Setting locale failed.
> > perl: warning: Please check that your locale settings:
> >         LANGUAGE = (unset),
> >         LC_ALL = (unset),
> >         LANG = "en_US.UTF-8"
>
> you are bringing your locale (en_US.UTF-8) into
> a guest which doesn't have support for that
>
> either update your util-vserver or install the
> locales in your guest, or simply do:
>
>  export LC_ALL=C LANG=C

After re-run dpkg-reconfigure-locales on the Host it is much better
now.

# vserver vserver1 stop
Saving the system clock.
Cannot access the Hardware Clock via any known method.
Use the --debug option to see the details of our search for an access
method.
Stopping enhanced syslogd: rsyslogd.
Asking all remaining processes to terminate...done.
All processes ended within 1 seconds....done.
Deconfiguring network interfaces...done.
Cleaning up ifupdown....
Unmounting temporary filesystems...umount: none: not found
umount: /tmp: must be superuser to umount
umount: none: not found
umount: /tmp: must be superuser to umount
failed.
Deactivating swap...Not superuser.
failed.
mount: permission denied
Will now restart.
ifdown: shutdown eth0: Permission denied
ifdown: shutdown eth0: Permission denied

- snip -

> > Stopping enhanced syslogd: rsyslogd.
> > Asking all remaining processes to terminate...done.
> > All processes ended within 1 seconds....done.
> > Deconfiguring network interfaces...done.
> > Cleaning up ifupdown....
> > Unmounting temporary filesystems...umount: none: not found
> > umount: /tmp: must be superuser to umount
> > umount: none: not found
> > umount: /tmp: must be superuser to umount
> > failed.
> > Deactivating swap...Not superuser.
> > failed.
> > mount: permission denied
> > Will now restart.
> > ifdown: shutdown eth0: Permission denied
> > ifdown: shutdown eth0: Permission denied
>
> the guest isn't cleaned up properly, you want to
> remove any hardware related runlevel scripts,
> including network and filesystem stuff

Could you please explain in more detail how to do that?  TIA

- snip -

> vapt-get is part of util-vserver (it's a wrapper)
> if you are missing that one, please complain to
> your debian maintainer ...

I'll create a new Debian guest from another mirror to see what will
happen.

Thanks.

B.R.
Stephen