Subject: Re: [vserver] mounting glusterfs inside of vservers
From: Cedric Veilleux <cveilleux@neopeak.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 17:08:16 -0400

Have you read:

http://linux-vserver.org/Fuse_GlusterFS

The tutorial does not use fstab but simple starts the gluster client
from command line:

glusterfs -f /etc/glusterfs/glusterfs-client.vol /mnt/glusterfs

you do need to give the guest proper capabilities and device nodes. Read
the rest of the page first.

I haven't tried using fstab.... Can glusterfs be mounted from fstab at
all? I simply used an init script to run glusterfs when starting the
guest..

Besides, I finally chose *not* to run glusterfs client from the guest
and run it from the host, with the proper bind mounts inside each
guests. I find this has many advantages:

- can give access to only the portion of the filesystem each guests
really needs

- run only 1 glusterfs, with a large cache, shared amongst all guests.

- no need to give the guest extra capabilities.

Cedric