Subject: Re: [vserver] About patch file to be download
From: Peter Mann <Peter.Mann@tuke.sk>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 13:14:11 +0200

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 05:43:12PM +0800, Stephen Liu wrote:
> Debian 4.0 Etch is now up running.  At end of installation it only
> asked whether update linux-image-2.6.18-6-amd64.  I failed to find the
> option for enabling vserver kernel.

i'm always using expert mode and remote ssh installation, so maybe this
is different from normal mode ...

> $ apt-cache search linux-image-vserver
> linux-image-vserver-amd64 - Linux kernel image on AMD64
>
> I suppose this is the right vserver kernel to install?  Thanks.

yes ... aptitude install linux-image-vserver-amd64
aptitude install recommended packages by default so aptitude install
util-vserver too ...

you'll have kernel 2.6.18

if you want 2.6.26, then you must use backports.org

5o   Peter.Mann at tuke.sk