Subject: Re: [vserver] debootstrap inside a guest
From: Herbert Poetzl <herbert@13thfloor.at>
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 20:26:29 +0200

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 03:40:14PM +0200, ADNET Ghislain wrote:
> hi,
>
> i try to install FAI in a guest and i have epic failure until now. It
> seems that FAI use a debootstrap to build the install images. I was
> wondering if the vserver guest capabilities need some special setting to
> be able to run debootstrap INSIDE a guest ?  Any hint ?

IIRC, debian did a few changes (minor) to the kernel,
to allow bind mounts (with propagated security flags)
inside a guest, and for things like /proc etc ...

if you give the guest the proper ccapabilities (those
with *MOUNT at the end :) you should be able to get
it working, if not, please do an strace -fF on the
debootstrap an provide an url for investigation

HTH,