Subject: Re: [vserver] Sponsoring VServer getting up to date with mainline
From: Ed W <lists@wildgooses.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 22:04:18 +0100

Herbert Poetzl wrote:

> hmm, definitely worth a thought. are there any
> dual PCI-X motherboards for Core2 Intels out there
> (preferably with good linux support :)?

I bought this board:
Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6 Intel X48

Actually I didn't mean to - there is a previous generation board (X38?)
which is half the price and I got a bit mixed up when I clicked buy...
Long story, but the upshot is that both boards seem excellent and this
board takes 12x 3Gbit sata I think?  I think it came with plates to
convert 2 of them to external SATA connectors?

I have a quad core chip in this which I had intended to overclock the
nuts off as a compile machine.  Actually never bothered to do anything
except leave it as standard, but if compiling things is your game then
it certainly is a nice bit of kit.  I think it only takes 4 sticks of
ram, but that's still good for 8GB without breaking the bank

Just another way to skin that cat...

Ed W