Subject: Re: [vserver] Sponsoring VServer getting up to date with mainline
From: Ed W <lists@wildgooses.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 21:58:05 +0100

Daniel Hokka Zakrisson wrote:

> For this, I use Supermicro's AOC-SAT2-MV8. It's an 8-port card that costs less than
100
> USD, though it does require a PCI-X slot. Granted it's got a Marvell chipset, but
> haven't had any problems with it.

But who still has a PCI-X slot...  (I struggled just to find a
motherboard with a sensible amount of PCI slots in recently to upgrade
my media PC which needs a bunch of PCI tv cards in it! grr)

I think PCI-X is going to be close to saturated also?  It's only 1TB/s I
think?  Given a couple of badly behaved devices chewing interrupts then
I wonder how close you can get to theoretical given that you probably
pull 60-100MB per drive these days? (straight line speed)

Ed W