Subject: Re: [vserver] Pros and Cons of 32/64bit guests on 64bit host
From: Cedric Veilleux <cveilleux@neopeak.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 14:34:58 +0000

Hi,

> Could you please explain in more detail.  On registrars' sites each
> domain is pointing to a fixed/public IP.  On their arrival the router
> will route them to their servers.  I'm venturing to find out if all
> domins pointing to the same fixed/public IP can the router distribute
> them to their server based on domain?  TIA

So you want to do 'name-based' virtual hosting, where each host is in a
seperate vserver?

A reverse http proxy could do that.

For exemple Apache using mod_proxy.. Create a virtual host for each
website, and reverse proxy the requests to the internal vservers (using
their private IP).

Some hardware load balancers could achieve the same reseult I guess.

Regards,

Cedric