Subject: Re: [vserver] current guests
From:Benedikt Böhm <bb@xnull.de>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 21:22:51 +0200

On Aug 20, 2008, at 9:05 PM, Chuck wrote:
>>> ahh thank you, however i don't believe baselayout-2 is out of
>>> unstable yet and
>>> our requirements for certain machines is everything must come from
>>> stable
>>> production branches (not my policy believe me :) )..  ill play with
>>> that for
>>> myself but i cant use it in production unfortunately until it is
>>> released in
>>> the stable branch. will double check though to be sure and if it is
>>> stable
>>> ill go for it.
>>
>> there is no other way to do it, except you hack the init script from
>> baselayout-1 on your own
>>

> hmm..maybe i can sneak it on.... what are the caveats on this... i
> have not
> looked into it at all... any problems with traditional layouts/
> packages/etc
> or unexplained hiccups in start/stop of the vserver? i guess im
> asking is if
> there is anything noticable to the mildly trained eye when watching
> it work.
> if not i might get away with it and use a 2008 stage.

we use baselayout-2/openrc at work since it was still named
baselayout-1.13 and i worked together with roy (the openrc maintainer)
for the last year to make everything work out of the box inside
vservers and it works very nice since openrc-0.2.2, never had any
problems with it (deployed on about 50 vservers currently)

Bene