Subject: Re: [vserver] current guests
From: "John Alberts" <john.m.alberts@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 13:42:25 -0500
Wed, 20 Aug 2008 13:42:25 -0500
So, if I grab the latest 2008.0 stage 3 gentoo tarball, extract it, chroot
into it, and install openrc, it should be good to use as a guest?

John

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 1:36 PM, Benedikt Böhm <bb@xnull.de> wrote:

> On Aug 20, 2008, at 8:05 PM, Herbert Poetzl wrote:
>
>  On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 12:47:28PM -0400, Chuck wrote:
>>
>>> where can i find a current gentoo i686 guest stage3? everything i look
>>> for is dated 2006. not interested in applications pre-installed so
>>> not interested in i think what is called stage4. just want a bare o/s
>>> vserver. or do i need to install a 2006 version then go thru all the
>>> upgrade motions?
>>>

>>  i think some time ago there was a package available that would take
>>> a current standard stage3 and convert it to vserver. is that still
>>> around if i need to go that route?
>>>

>> had a short chat with Daniel, and we came to the
>> conclusion that any gentoo stage3 should work
>> with recent util-vserver and the 'gentoo' build
>> method ...
>>

> any stage3 with baselayout-2/openrc will work out of the box
> see https://my.newthinking.de/~bbo/stages/<https://my.newthinking.de/%7Ebbo/stages/>for
up to date stage4 tarballs (these are the ones i use for work, so they

--
John Alberts

[...]

see https://my.newthinking.de/~bbo/stages/ for up to date stage4 tarballs (these are the ones i use for work, so they contain some basic utils)

Bene