Subject: Re: [vserver] [Virengeprüft] Re: [Virengeprüft] Re: [vserver] [Virengeprüft] Problems with OpenSuSE 10.2 as guest
From: Thomas Weber <l_vserver@mail2news.4t2.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 12:54:30 +0200

Am Dienstag, den 19.08.2008, 12:31 +0200 schrieb Mr. WebLover:
> Raoul Bhatia [IPAX] schrieb:
> > Mr. WebLover wrote:

> > > My Problem is, that the system useses the /sys (sysfs) and
> > > i can not mount sysfs within the guest.

That's how it's supposed to be.

> > try to use host:/etc/vservers/guest/fstab to mount sysfs
> >
> > cheers,
> > raoul
> >

> Hi raoul,
>  i have this entry in the guest fstab, but it would not be mounted.
> If i try to mount /sys manual like mount -t sysfs none /sys or mount
> -t sysfs sysfs /sys
> inside the guest a error comes up : permission denied ...
>
> Without /sys the network dosen't work ....

Did you actually read any documentation?
You can't mount anything or configure your network inside the guest[*].
That's all done outside the guest.
For the networking stuff: just disable the parts (initscripts) where the
guest tries to setup the interface. I don't have (or need) /sys mounted
in my guests.

  Tom

[*]well, It's possible but for sure not recommended at your current
experience level ;-)