Subject: Re: [vserver] vserver git server and misc. thoughts
From: Ed W <lists@wildgooses.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 12:26:08 +0100

Natanael Copa wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-08-11 at 23:35 -0500, Adam Majer wrote:
>

>> Now, regarding actual work on stuff. Adrian Bunk has been maintaining
>> the 2.6.16.x kernel tree and will continue to maintain it for a bit. Is
>> it feasible to backport vs.2.2 branch back to that stable tree?
>>

> I'd much more like to see vserver get into mainline linux.

Me too, but I think there is prior history here (although I don't
understand it).  Herbert gave me some notes before, but I wonder if it's
worth someone posting a "user" question to the kernel list and asking
what hurdles need to be met to include some or all of it?

I think there are many parts to the vserver code which are useful in
their own right - for example given the plethora of rsync style backup
solutions the hardlink breaking stuff could be very useful in it's own
right...

Anyone want to step up and ask the question to linux-kernel..?

Ed W