Subject: Re: [vserver] vserver git server and misc. thoughts
From: Remigiusz Modrzejewski <lrem@sphere.pl>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 10:17:26 +0200

On Tuesday 12 of August 2008 08:29:43 Herbert Poetzl wrote:
> > Would it be helpful if we actually have a public GIT server setup and
> > have the patches there instead one giant, unworkable monster patch?
>
> I'm fine with the current patches, deltas and splits

Well, and why GIT? People who've tried both (I'm still good with Subversion)
say, that Mercurial is much less of a PITA...

> > Now, regarding actual work on stuff. Adrian Bunk has been maintaining
> > the 2.6.16.x kernel tree and will continue to maintain it for a bit.
> > Is it feasible to backport vs.2.2 branch back to that stable tree?
>
> sure, but that's definitely something I won't spend time
> on, unless it is well payed ...

Now, could you undertake the effort and try to estimate how much work it is
for an experienced C developer, but without great knowledge of Linux kernel
and especially little knowledge of Linux-Vserver? I will not have the time to
jump in, but there are other developers around who match this description...

Kind regards,
Remigiusz 'lRem' Modrzejewski