Subject: Feature request - vserver rename
From: Ed W <lists@wildgooses.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 22:41:27 +0100

Hi, quick and hopefully trivial feature request:

Can we please have a "vserver rename" command in an upcoming revision of
the vserver scripts (perhaps a subfeature of the vserver copy thing?).
It would do literally what it sounds like - rename the /etc/vserver/xyz
dir, the vdir and update all the symlinks.  I would have thought just a
few lines?

The motivation is that occasionally I find myself doing a trial run of
something, or I decide to re-implement some vserver, but for various
reasons I want to keep the original vserver name (say to match the DNS
address which is convenient), and additionally I want to keep the old
vserver image around in case I need to take a peek to check something.
Right now I do it infrequently enough that I just rename things
manually, but I don't bother to change the symlinks in /etc/vservers/xyz
and it leads to some quirks like the vserver scripts thinking that
vserver is running because it's got a ./run which points to a real up
and running vserver

Not an earth shatteringly useful feature, but it would be handy

Thanks for listening

Ed W