Subject: Re: [vserver] Sponsoring VServer getting up to date with mainline
From: Ed W <lists@wildgooses.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 08:53:00 +0100

Mike O'Connor wrote:
> I personal could not afford more than 100 to 200 Euros, but I'm
> writing an email to the customers I support who use vserver on about
> 15 machines to see if they will pitch in.

Hokay - well every little helps

Just to keep perspective though - I think a single support call to
Microsoft currently costs more than that?  (I'm a bit out of date
though).  Perhaps phrased in those terms you might persuade a few of
your customers to pitch in a bit?

When I last looked an "enterprise" distribution was around 500 euros for
a single server (could be way out of touch now), so my thinking is that
if businesses interested in sponsoring could try and pitch in around
that level then really it's about the same as buying a single server
licence for some fancy distro - seem like a good way to phrase it to the
boss?

I guess please make any pledges directly to or copied to Herbert and I
hope he can coordinate getting people onboard?

Cheers all

Ed W