Subject: Re: [vserver] Loopback issues
From: Philippe Teuwen <phil@teuwen.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 23:19:07 +0200

> Will it be possible to alias these private loopback addresses and still
> be private from the other servers? I have some virtual servers sitting
> behind a load balancer. They have loopback aliases from the load
> balancer virtual IP. However, if I add a alias to the loopback on one
> vserver, all of the vservers on that host use that vserver rather than
> going through the load balancer. Will private loopbacks fix this?

Personally I use several static tapN interfaces.
This can be used to set the equivalent of a loopback interface (one
different tap0/tap1/... per vserver) or to set an internal private
network between vservers.
For info this trick came from the time I was playing with UML (user-mode
linux).
But maybe it could solve your problem.
Note that the host will see all tap interfaces as the host creates all
those tap.

Phil