Subject: Re: [vserver] quota on shared partition, state of the union ;)
From: ADNET Ghislain <gadnet@aqueos.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 16:38:35 +0200
Tue, 21 Aug 2007 16:38:35 +0200
thanks herbert for the insight :)
> yep, thing is, we have a quite nice solution for
> that, called 'quota on a shared partition' but it
> is quite maintainance hungry, and not really often
> used/tested, so we decided to remove it from current
> stable releases ...
>
> if there is more interest, we will definitely revive
> it and add it back to recent devel releases ..
>
> HTC,
> Herbert
This is rather interessting as it allow to use hashification AND quota
winning a lot in memory usage and disk usage (if i am not missleaded).
As disk and memory get cheaper i understand why it has not been pushed
hard :)

There is also other quota way for ftp/mail as servers can store quota in
mysql for exemple without using the quota on filesystem. I can do
without it but if  others are interested i can help to do some test on
debian hosts/debian guest type system on intel xeon machines .

--
Cordialement,
Ghislain

["application/x-pkcs7-signature" not shown]