Subject: Re: [vserver] Suggestion: don't mount 16 MB tmpfs into /tmp per default
From: Corey Wright <undefined@pobox.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 00:28:10 -0500

On Wed, 14 May 2008 15:30:55 +0800
Patrick Nagel <patrick.nagel@star-group.net> wrote:

> I'd like to suggest removing (or commenting out) the line
>
> 'none    /tmp            tmpfs   size=16m,mode=1777      0 0'
>
> from the default /etc/vservers/<vserver>/fstab.
>
> I ran into trouble with this default setting twice.

http://www.paul.sladen.org/vserver/archives/200705/0046.html

that was almost exactly a year ago to the day.  not that this subject
wasn't discussed before then (even by myself), but that it's a
coincidentally case of "history repeating itself" almost exactly annually.

i've just learned to live with it because with how regularly it is brought
up, if there was the chance herbert, daniel, or any of the other developers
was going to change the default, then i figure it would have been done
already. and i think as long as they develop linux-vserver, then the least i
can do is personally override the default tmpfs.

and at least daniel told you how to override it
with /etc/vservers/.defaults/fstab.  that's more than i got with my
previous whining.  (but i've received plenty of wisdom/insight from daniel
on other occasions.  thanks daniel!)

somebody should put this FAQ in the wiki (other than myself ;-).

corey
--
undefined@pobox.com