Subject: Re: [vserver] OCFS2 and VServer
From: "Raoul Bhatia [IPAX]" <r.bhatia@ipax.at>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2008 10:35:14 +0200

Mike O'Connor wrote:
> NFS is the trusty fall-back, my main issue is how to create backups on
> the NAS's. Our current systems backup via cron, this causes large
> amounts of I/O load each time a backup is performed.

where exactly do you take the backup? on the nas itself (which is the
nfs server) or on the vserver host which runs the vserver clients?
(or inside the vservers *g*)

would there be a possibility to work with xfs snapshots or so?

cheers,
raoul
DI (FH) Raoul Bhatia M.Sc.          email.          r.bhatia@ipax.at
Technischer Leiter

IPAX - Aloy Bhatia Hava OEG         web.          http://www.ipax.at
Barawitzkagasse 10/2/2/11           email.            office@ipax.at
1190 Wien                           tel.               +43 1 3670030
FN 277995t HG Wien                  fax.            +43 1 3670030 15