Subject: Re: [vserver] Future of the vserver project
From: thorsten.edler@gmx.de
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2020 11:35:39 +0200

 Wed, 8 Jul 2020 11:35:39 +0200
Hi,

I would support Christoph at this point. I experimented some times with LXC/LXD, but
I didn't find it very "handy". Sure, my problem, but in contrast to a running vserver-installation
this is not my favoured solution. I set up a vserver-installation a short time ago and
if this is running once, you have a stable and isolatded environment, that is "easy-to-use",
if you got the basics. I regularly checked the linux-vserver.org site for an update,
more recent than for "4.9.159", but OK, I'll check

http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Experimental/patch-4.9.217-vs2.3.9.12.diff

next time. ;-)

@Herbert
I would be interested in an update too, for example for the 4.19 longterm kernel as
proposed by @Christoph. I think, this project is worth the effort to have an up-to-date
kernel-branch-support. But, if you say "and/or somebody is willing to sponsor development
for a new kernel branch", the question is, how we can realize that?! Would be crowdfunding
a possible variant? Any other ideas for that?

Regards,
/Thorsten