Subject: bash prompt host name
From:Miroslav Šulc <miroslav.sulc@startnet.cz>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2009 15:22:59 +0100

hi all,

i installed my first vserver this week. i have one machine with main
host and four guests, all running gentoo. everything seems to work fine,
but i have a minor issue with host name in prompt. when i connect using
ssh to host or any of the guests, in bash prompt i can see always the
same name. lets say i use names "host" and "guest1" up to "guest4". then
my bash prompt would look like this for host and all guests:

guest3 user1 #

i guess it is caused by the fact that guest3 sets host name as the last
one so it overrides previous settings as it seems this settings is only
global or i'm setting the host name globally.

my question is: is there any way to have different host names for host
and each guest? this way it's pretty confusing when i log in guest1 and
i can see guest3 prompt. i have kernel 2.6.31.5-vs2.3.0.36.21.

thx for any hints.

miroslav