Subject: Re: [vserver] Too many network devices inside guest?
From: Gerhard Mehsel <sparking@gmx.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2009 13:03:58 +0100

Hello all,

so I get stuck again I don't know if it's a problem of me or a bug or
whatever, sorry for that.
I installed the vmlinuz-2.6.30-vserver-686 from here:
http://zbla.net/debian and ran into several problems (one old guest not
starting anymore, creating a new guest succeded but network problem
again...disappearing ethernet dev's on the host..."RTNETLINK answers:
File exists"  and so on).

Can  someone provide me a  sample build command for my situation, please?

On my host there are following dev's with IP
adresses/broadcats/gateway/netmask configured and working:

eth0  --> this is for the host only (sshd)
eth0:0
eth0:2
eth0:3
eth0:4
eth0:5

I want to have two guests.
First should only listen to eth0:2 and localhost

Second should listen to eth0:3 and eth0:4 and localhost

Can anyone give me the sample build command?

Thank you,
Gerd