Subject: VServer management commands and SMP enabled Kernel
From: Eric Deschenes <eric.deschenes@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 20:15:22 -0700
Thu, 8 Oct 2009 20:15:22 -0700
Hi,
    I'm seeing a kernel crash when vserver commands (util-vserver) are
executed simultaneously.
    So far I have seen:
        scenario 1: "vserver VI1 start" and "vserver VI2 start"
        scenario 2: "vserver VI1 stop" and "vserver VI2 stop"

    I've never seen this before when for a non-SMP enabled kernel, we did
enable SMP and started seeing this behavior.

    We have been using this old setup for a while since it has been proven
to be stable for us:
        -Kernel & VServer patch: 2.6.22.10-vs2.2.0.5
        -util-vservers: 0.30.215

    I know that this setup is old, I was wondering if this problem was a
known one.

    I'll be changing the setup to get more information from the system since
don't get anything at this moment (no log statement).

Thanks

/Eric